Also, included in this appointment was another doppler check to listen to Conner's heartbeat. He's sounds great! I haven't been worried about that at all because of all of his movements. I received my first Rhogam injection because I am Rh negative. I saw the tube of liquid that the nurse was going to inject into me and decided this was a shot that I didn't want to watch. Cody said the needle was quite big. It didn't hurt, but it did feel like I was being pinched and that the pincher wouldn't let go! Apparently the needle was big because after it was removed, some of the liquid dripped down my arm! It must have left a sizeable hole! When Conner is born, they'll check him for the Rh factor as well. If he's negative, then I won't have to have another shot. I'm hoping he won't be since I found out last weekend that being Rh neg runs in my family.
An hour after I finished my tasty drink, I had a CBC (blood draw) so they could check my glucose levels to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. They also just wanted to make sure that my other levels were fine (like iron). If I don't here from them on Monday, all will be well!
I started with the ugly with this post. The good news is with my weight. Since my last appointment, 3 weeks ago, I gained only 5 pounds! This is a big deal because I've gained a lot of weight each month for each weigh in. The bad news is that I gained 5 pounds. I'm only supposed to gain a pound per week from my last check up until I deliver. Hopefully I'll get on track, though I'm not exactly sure how.
Now I'm going to mention the cute! When I started this post, Conner was positioned on my right side, upper part of my belly. He then wiggled his way to the middle of my left side at about the point when I mentioned the blood draw. Then I mentioned the bad news and he moved over to the right side and now he's spread across my belly because it's moving on either side! This is such a trip!
Good morning, Conner!
1 comment:
Hey Girl!
I finally have the new blog up and running. http://sometimeslifehasotherideas.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment