Instead I will remember April 1, 2001. I miss my dad and I hate that date. I wish he could be here. Some days I don't even think about him, but when I do, I have such strong feelings of sadness that he can't be here to see Chris and what all he has achieved. I wish he could see Tracy and how her life and her kids are so great! I wish he could be here for Betsy right now because I know she could really use someone to help her through these trying times with her job. I selfishly wish that he could be here to know Cody. I know that they would get along so well and that Daddy would really like knowing Cody's family.
When I think back to 8 years ago, I remember just how sick he was and how glad I was that he was no longer suffering. Cancer truly sucks.
I would like to thank my friends for being there for me. I know if it weren't for you being strong for me and supporting me, then I couldn't be the support for my family. Some of you actually read this blog! Just know that I am forever thankful for your friendship and am deeply appreciative of your selflessness.
4 comments:
i wish your dad could be there to see what a great friend you are to everyone in your life!
I miss your dad, too. He would be so proud of you.
I wish he could be here with you and Chris. I know he is looking down on you right now so glad that you are happy.
*hugs*
Yes, Cancer sucks. Now that I'm dealing with it with my mom, I get so mad. I ask over and over again "WHY?" Why do good people get it and bad people live to be cranky and old? Why do people with families who love them, who need them in their lives get it... why?
A friend said this stuff makes us stronger, to hell with that, I'd rather be weak than deal with this.
*HUGS* You are fabulous and he knows it even if he can't be here to share it with you.
Post a Comment