So before I left the house this morning, I was prepared enough to get the beef out of the freezer to thaw so that when I got home, I could throw some rice into the rice cooker with a cup of salsa (for spanish rice) and brown some ground beef to mix it all together. When I got home, I started the rice and put the meat in the pan to start browning. After all the meat was in the already hot pan, I noticed that the meat was weird looking. It wasn't odd colors nor had it gone bad. It turns out that instead of thawing ground beef, I thawed some beef that was meant for chili. Ugh! Well, I tried to make the best of the situation by preparing it as I would normally, but honestly. It was not that good. The meat is meant for chili! Boy was it tough! The rice turned out well though which made me happy!
I did learn my lesson. Look at the label on the meat package before thawing!
Time to put the "yummy" leftovers in tupperware so I can enjoy again for lunch tomorrow ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment