"Whatever this world can give to me, it's you ... you're all I see."

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quick update

So Cody has been gone for a couple weeks this fall. Apparently the power plants need him! It has been great having him home for a couple days so far. He is heading out again on Sunday - not sure what time yet or for how long.

In other news, the mini reunion was great! It was so fun to see some of my closest friends from high school! The two that I hadn't seen in a very long time both are doing great, look great and have great kids! I'm so excited to get to see them again this Friday at our high school's homecoming game. We're going to Chili's before hand just like old times, except this time we're bringing the husbands (and they're getting babysitters!) If you're interested in seeing before/after photos, you should check out Kari's blog. We age well ;)

An update on the guest bath: We just recently purchased a countertop and sink to replace the "pretty" blue one. I can't wait to install it! We also bought some dark bronzy cabinet pulls to put in the bathroom. We'll have to drill holes because there aren't any on the doors right now. It is going to make such a huge difference! As you can tell, Home Depot had an amazing clearance sale. I mean amazing! 40 - 60 % off everything! Go us! After this is done, it's on to a new shower, complete with new tub and tile! Who says home renovation isn't fun?

I will post a few Halloween pictures - it was a blast! I will also just post some random pictures,too. Can someone tell me how to create a photo album for this? I'd really appreciate it!

2 comments:

idyll hands said...

I'm glad you got a new counter top. I didn't say it because I was hoping you didn't love it, but I really thought the blue was a bit over the top! Gotta love fixing up a house :)

Michelle said...

Haha! I hated it! Never liked it! Even when it matched the wallpaper the previous owners put in there!