2. Jon! This year's alumni band weekend was awesome because it brought Jon Eller back to us! I don't know if he realizes the huge imprint he left on the drumline that year that he was in LHB. I have thought of him several times over the past years because, well - that's what I do. I like to think about the fun times and he was definitely a part of the fun times. I am so happy that he has a beautiful, smart and fun wife. I am excited for their family as they have an adorable daughter. I think it's worth it to not know what's going on with someone if one day, you finally get to talk to them and see what's been going on in their world. I can't tell you how I felt when I was "reunited" with Jon at the morning rehearsal that day. I just couldn't believe that he was there again! In a related note:
3. The Ellers! Is it possible to fall in love with a family that is not your own? that you only met a couple weeks prior to their weekend visit? I sincerely hope that Jon gets into law school at UT. I loved hanging out with him while he stayed over for Law Day. I had some conversations with him that I've never really had with anyone else. He asked a bunch of questions that I never took the time to think about. He also told me more about his life (very interesting story - we should all read his book). I also got to hang out with Jocelyn. We came up with things to do/places to live if Jon goes to school here. I told her of some friends that would be a great contact for all things baby. I know that she and I are going to be great friends! She is so very nice and is a great mom. It was very sad for me to see their family head back to Houston and I can't wait for their next trip back to Austin!
4. We had an amazing TX vs. Colorado watching party. Seriously, if we invite you over, you should come. We have food, drinks, great company and a great time!
5. Somewhere among these weekends, Cody and I flew to Tucson for a Chi Phi Brother's wedding. It was a very nice and fun wedding. Cody and I were able to relax and just enjoy ourselves. We were able to hang out with the Matthews' while there as well as the new Landry's! We were also able to see my older sister, her boyfriend and my niece. They drove down from Phoenix the day before we came back to Austin. It was great seeing them 'cause it has been 5 years since I've been to Phoenix and seen my sister's bf. My niece and Cody had the best time playing around in the hotel room while I did some catching up with my sister that we didn't get to do when she was in town for our wedding.
6. Did you hear that Texas beat OU? Right now we're ranked number 1 thanks to 3 top five teams being defeated by teams with rankings below theirs. It was an amazing game. We had a fun tailgate prior to the game. We saw other kids from band and Chi Phi. We rode on rides at the State Fair. We ate turkey legs, we spent too much money on visors because the sun was insatiable, etc. We had a great time! After the game we headed back to the Stocks who put us up for the weekend and had an after party at their house full of people I hadn't seen in such a long time. Again - fun. It really made me want to move to Dallas so I could be closer to these guys.
Can I take the Ellers with me?
7. New Kids On the Block, UT vs. Mizzou and mini h.s. reunion this weekend! I have a lot to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment