I have this idea where I take a picture of Conner every week in the same place (in this case an infant to toddler chair) and write something significant from that week. I'm 5 weeks late, so I have to play catch-up in one post.
(a little out of order) 3 weeks old: Conner's personality started to show. He has some great expressions and we love to laugh at the little things he does. He also is very good at sleeping through car rides and meeting new people.
Birth Day! (12/7/09) He was supposed to be induced but instead decided to come on his own terms... right down to the 20 hours of labor to find out that I have small hips and he couldn't fit in the birth canal. C-section it was! He already melted mine and Cody's hearts when we saw him.
1 week old: He has a strong back and neck. He was already trying to hold his head up on his own. He attempted this mostly when he was trying to find the right spot on anyone to nurse. He looked like a drunken sailor (bobbing his head around) while making this attempt!
2 weeks old: This is Cody's favorite picture because he looks so happy! This week he lost his umbilical stump! He now has a very cute innie.
4 weeks old: Our boy likes to yawn and fight sleep. He also likes to make his daddy change his diaper 3 times in a row during the same diaper change. We have since figured out his expressions for needing to poo. This week he started to blow bubbles.
5 weeks old: He has started to smile and play. We are enjoying his company a ton during this time. Look how big he's getting! I weighed myself and then I weighed the two of us together. He is between 10 and 11 pounds already! He also slept for 4 hours straight earlier this week which worried me, but the doctor said to consider ourselves lucky when he starts to do this. I have news for Doc, we already consider ourselves lucky!!
1 comment:
aww, very cool idea. i am not surprised that he is good with meeting new people! :)
Post a Comment